Wednesday, October 7, 2009

MELCAT RESOURCE

The resource that I ordered from MELCAT was "Living with a Parent Who Drinks Too Much" by Judith Seixas. A chapter that I found particularly interesting was one entitled Alateen. This chapter talks about this group that was started by a boy with an alcoholic father.

One thing I found interesting about this section was that I had heard of the group Al-Anon which is for relatives and close family friends of alcoholics, but I had never heard of Alateen before. Alateen has the same foundations and group talks as Al-Anon and AA but instead it's geared toward children/teens of alcoholics.

One idea for my project would be to find the nearest location to Mount Pleasant so that I could let the class know where the group meets.

No comments:

Post a Comment